Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Lots of Adventures
The past week (wow! It really only has been 1 week...) has been very exciting and full of fun adventures! So I'm gonna try and sum it all up for you :) It started with Monday preparing for my trip out here to Florida. I spent the day packing, playing with friends, packing, spending time with the fam, packing, playing with friends again, and of course PACKING! Of course I did it all the day before I left... why worry about it sooner :p It was a fun day and definitely a good note to leave on.
Tuesday: The Biggest Adventure! Mom and I spent the morning at the DMV. Luckily everything went well there and we had no problems. It was just a huge inconvenience needing to wake up at 7 am. Bleh! Then the trip to the airport and saying goodbye to Mom and Amanda, and suddenly I found myself all by myself in the giant airport :p I got to security and pulled out my computer and my bag of liquids and put my stuff in the bins and felt pretty good about how efficient I was at getting everything right. After I walked through the gates and waited with everyone else to get my stuff from the x-ray machine I realized that I had forgotten to take off my shoes! Haha whoops! The security guy didn't notice and didn't say anything to me so I guess I was ok! LOL I then proceeded to my gate B-16... or so I thought. When I arrived at the gate it was all under construction and there was no one sitting by it. I was very confused about this and sat down and wondered what I was supposed to do. Then I double checked my info and realized that I was actually supposed to be at B-19! LOL a moment of dislexia on my part. So I made it to the right gate and got on the correct flight and we were off to Denver! :) I sat next to this cute married couple who were both special needs. They were so sweet! Then it was another new 1st for me... When we stopped in Denver i stayed on the plane. While we sat there I finally got a hold of my Manager at Disney who was in charge of sending verification for me to get a new Disney ID. Our Plane was delayed for a few minutes because a door on bottom wouldn't close properly, but once that was fixed we were on our way to Kansas. The Kansas airport is very tiny so I had no trouble finding my next gate. Nothing too exciting happened here because let's face it... it's Kansas! We were a little bit delayed because there was a group of people that needed to get on our flight who were on a plane that was late. We waited for them to arrive because ours was the last flight to Orlando that night. And then finally we were in the air to ORLANDO!!!!
Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore. How often do you get to say that?! LOL sorry I couldn't resist. (In actuality I get to say that several times a day now :p) There I was in Orlando, Florida! I followed the mass of people to baggage claim and found all of my luggage and went outside to find my amazing big brother Rob! I wasn't sure what his car looked like so I kinda just stood there looking around. He called me and said he could see me; he recognized me because I was the only crazy person wearing a hoodie and long pants ;p He packed my suitcases in the back seat of his Mustang and Darth Vader (his GPS) directed us to my new apartment. My roommate Danielle wasn't home, but she had left the key for me in the awesome lock box on the front door. Upon entering we saw a staircase leading up. Rob groaned because he was carrying my 2 almost 50 lb suitcases. When I offered to help him he refused and said, "no way! If you can do it then I certainly can!" LOL silly boys and their need to prove their manliness :p But I appreciate him, he really was so sweet! I got all of my stuff unpacked and moved in, and was trying to figure out where I was going to be sleeping when Danielle came home. She said that since the bed is huge she figured we could just share it. She is such an amazing friend! She is also letting me share her car with her. So when she's not using it she lets me use it! She was way more accommodating than I ever expected her to be, but I am so appreciative of it! The Lord has really blessed me to have everything work out so perfectly here!
My 2 days of retraining were a blast! My trainer was Wes who I love! He is the only other Mormon at GMR and we became pretty good friends last year. There was another girl Victoria who was also re-certifying so they just put us together. Wes was super laid back about everything and Victoria and I basically remembered everything anyway so our training went very smoothly and everything was great :) We even finished early and went into rotation for the last 3 hours of our scheduled time.
Well that's all I'm going to write for now. Perhaps at a later time I will tell you more about the adventures of the rest of my week. But right now I'm tired of typing and I'm sure you're tired of reading this ridiculously long post so... Have a Magical Day!!! TTFN
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
You do live! I'm so happy you got there all safely and that you are having fun. Just remember you're only allowed "almost too much"... better not get to "too much" or I'll have to come out there and get you! (and you wouldn't want that... ;D ) Love you!
P.S. I almost fell out of my seat when I saw your post was only an hour old... :) <3
Ica!!!! I'm soooooo glad you're here!!! And I'm soooo glad you're roommate is wonderful and loans her car to you!!! I'm blogging about Saturday ASAP!!! I love this post!!!
Post a Comment