Friday, June 11, 2010

More adventures in O-Town

Ok now don't be alarmed... This really is me and I really am posting on my blog again :p This is what happens when I don't get scheduled to work and I'm still working on getting back into the social scene. LOL Lets see... I left off last time with my training so I guess it is on to Saturday!!!! Becca and I decided to spend the day at Magic Kingdom! :) I woke up that morning and decided I wanted to wear my red "Do you need to go to First Aid" shirt. This would have been a great idea except that when I parked at MK and looked around I saw a lot of other people wearing red shirts and realized my mistake. It happened to be Gay Days at MK that day :p Oops! It was kind of entertaining though because all day long people were reading my shirt expecting it to be something about Gay Days, but instead it was something they didn't understand at all and they were really confused :p We had a fantastic day! We decided to start with splash mountain so we could avoid all the crowds. This proved to be the best idea ever because being wet kept us cool for pretty much the rest of the day. The lines really weren't too terribly bad all day which was nice. When we went to get fast passes for Winnie the Pooh we got bonus passes for Philharmagic which was magical :) We went to Columbia Harbour House for lunch and got delicious salads and got to eat up stairs! Then we went to ride Haunted Mansion and ran into a bunch of Becca's friends who were way cool and we spent the rest of the day with them :) It was a blast! They had fast passes for Splash Mountain so we went on that and squished 10 people into 1 log! :) Good times! Then we watched the fantastic Celebrate a Dream Come True parade! Then we played some more until it was time for Becca to go to work. I dropped her off at Disney Quest and then went to EPCOT to visit Bekka at the Imagination Institute. I lucked out because she was at the outside greeter position. We chatted for like 30 mins until it was time for her ride to close. She locked up the doors and then got to ride with me! I got to learn some secrets about the ride :D Then I headed back to MK to ride Space Mountain and watch the Main Street Electrical Parade and the new Summer Nightastic Fireworks show. I was hoping to see Wishes again but I missed the last night by like one day :( Oh well. Sunday was a fantastic day as well!! I got to go to church in the Buena Vista YSA ward with Becca! It was a wonderful meeting :) It was fun to see some of my old friends too :) In Relief Society our lesson was an introduction of the new program they are starting for the summer: Women of Wisdom. Basically it is a program to remind us just how wonderful we are and teach us how to make ourselves better :) Valerie gave a wonderful lesson and at the end she had one of the Elders come in to tell us about what guys are looking for in girls. He decided to kind of do his own thing instead, but I think it actually put his point across better. He first had us list of things that would attract us to a guy if we briefly met him on the beach. We listed a lot of shallow things like good smile, big muscles, sense of humor, intelligence, nice eyes, etc. Then he asked us to list things that we would be in love with of a husband of 50 years. These things were a lot deeper: trust, sense of humor (still), ability to provide, loyalty, honor's his priesthood, etc. Basically the point he wanted to make was that inside every guy there is a dark part that wants the worldly Hot Girl, but if he is smart he will be able to look past that and see what is really important. We don't need to waste our time on the guys who give in completely to the worldly desires because they are not worth it. If we do our best to prepare ourselves to be the kind of person someone would like to spend eternity with there will be a guy who recognizes that and will appreciate us for that. It was a really good day in Relief Society and I was able to take a lot of great lessons from it :) Another really good day was Tuesday! I got to go to the Orlando Temple with Becca and the ward! There was a mix up in scheduling so we arrived there at 6:30, but didn't get to start until 8. That was totally fine with us though! Becca and I just wandered the temple grounds and talked about the gospel and marriage and various other topics. :) It was nice to just be near the temple and forget about the outside world. I love the spirit you can feel when you are on that sacred ground. It was so cute, while we were sitting there we saw a dad come around the corner pushing a stroller and his wife came up a second later. There were on vacation and had decided to take the time to walk around the temple grounds together (we could tell by the airplane tag on the stroller). I thought this was the cutest thing ever and we decided that we are going to do that with our husbands when we get married! :) After we got done at the temple we were driving home and realized that we were hungry. We made the decision to eat at Steak N Shake in less than 30 seconds!! It was an amazing accomplishment for us and we were very proud of ourselves :) Becca and I always have so much fun hanging out!!! (but don't worry it's not too much fun ;p) There you have it :) More details of my exciting adventures in the World of Disney! I hope you are all doing well! I love you and miss you! Have a Magical Day! <3

3 comments:

Becca said...

I feel like this post was devoted entirely to me :)

It was soooo fun! I'm so glad to have you back!

Ica Crystal said...

Haha it's true! It pretty much included you in everything! I guess its just because we are so awesome and have so many adventures together!!! YAY

Bekka Jeanne said...

Yay! I remember when you came and saw me and then I did a ride through with you! So much fun! i miss Disney World!